Life is in the detail
The Roadsaver Carotid Artery Stent System is indicated for use in patients with carotid arterial atherosclerotic disease.
An innovative design(1)
Lesion specific scaffolding(2)
Exhibits flexibility of an open cell stent while outperforming the benefits of a closed cell stent.(3)
- Nickel titanium (Nitinol) double layer micromesh design
- Provides excellent wall apposition(4)
- Superior in-vessel flexibility(3)
- Allows for side branch patency(5)
- Conforms to tortuous anatomies(4)
- In-Vivo tapering of braided Nitinol design conforms to tapered ICA-CCA segments(5)
An evident objective
4 good reasons for choosing the Terumo Roadsaver
- 10-15% of all ischaemic strokes originate from a stenosis at the level of the internal carotid artery.(6)
- Majority of the strokes occur post procedure (+/- 67%)(7)
- 66% of strokes occur after removal of the cerebral protection device because of plaque prolapse through stent struts.(8)
- Double mesh scaffolding avoids protrusion of plaque through the struts(4)
Fully re-sheathable and repositionable even after 50% of the stent’s length has been deployed(9)
- 5 Fr rapid exchange delivery system
- Low-profile enhances the crossability
- Ideal for primary stenting
- Smallest stent cell size (~ 375-500 μm)(5)
Sustained embolic protection
From the time of Roadsaver stent implantation, the patient will be protected against ipsilateral distal embolization(3)
- Designed to prevent plaque protrusion and emboli release after stent implantation(3)
- Double-layer micromesh designed to contain plaque to the vessel wall(3)
(1) Am J Cardiol. 2015 Sep 15;116(6):977-81. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2015.05.063. Epub 2015 Jun 25.
(2) Tailored carotid artery stenting, Pieniazek et al., J. Endovasc. Ther.
(3) A novel carotid stent for sustained embolic protection, Subbarao Myla, Newport Beach, USA, Presentation CIRSE 14.-18.September 2013, Barcelona, Spain
(4) Safety of Slender 5Fr Transradial Approach for Carotid Artery Stenting With a Novel Nitinol Double-Layer Micromesh Stent.
Kedev S., et al., Am J Cardiol. 2015 Sep 15;116(6):977-81. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2015.05.063. Epub 2015 Jun 25.
(5) Initial clinical experience with the micromesh roadsaver carotid artery stent for the treatment of patients with symptomatic carotid artery disease. Hopf-Jensen S, et al., J Endovasc Ther. 2015 Apr;22(2):220-5. doi: 10.1177/1526602815576337.
(6) Cremonesi A et al. Carotid Artery Stenting an update EHJ2015
(7) Deloose, K. et al.,Clinical Evidence for Roadsaver Carotid Stent the CLEAR-ROAD trial, CIRSE 2014
(8) Amor, M. et al. Pre-Clinical and first clinical experiences with the Micromesh Carotid stent Roadsaver, LINC 2014
(9) See IFU
Terumo Europe N.V.
Interleuvenlaan 40, 3001 Leuven, Belgia